As a registered dietitian, personal trainer, and home-cook, these baked oatmeal protein bars are an easy way to stay energized throughout the day.
My recipe for baked oatmeal protein bars have all the elements of chunky-monkey and is perfectly chewy and and comes together in less than 30 minutes with only 8 simple ingredients.
Why Should I Make These Oatmeal Protein Bars?
Nutritional Benefits of Oats
- Bananas: Packed with potassium and dietary fiber.
- Gluten-Free Rolled Oats: Rich in fiber and a good source of complex carbohydrates.
- PB Fit Powder: I love using PB Fit because it adds a nice peanut butter flavor but you could also make this recipe with natural peanut butter.
- Collagen Peptides: Supports skin, hair, and joint health. I've found that collagen peptides is one of the best protein powders in baking because the neutral blends so easily. Depending on your preference, you can use vegan protein or any unflavored protein powder if you don't have collagen peptides.
- Dark Chocolate Chips: A touch of sweetness and antioxidants.
Variations and Substitutions:
If you don't have collagen peptides, feel free to substitute your favorite protein powder between whey, plant-based, or any of your favorite protein powders based on your dietary and taste preferences.
Seed and Nut Mix-Ins
I also have made this recipe by adding additional protein and healthy fats content by including chopped nuts such as almonds, walnuts, pecans or chopped seeds like pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
Gluten-Free Collagen Protein Bar Recipe
- 2 small ripe bananas mashed
- 2 cups + ¼ cup gluten-free rolled oats 200g
- 5 tablespoon PB Fit powder 40g
- 2 scoops of collagen peptides 20g
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Splash of vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Mix mashed bananas, collagen, PB Fit, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt together in a large metal bowl.
- Add rolled oats and chocolate chips. Mix well to combine.
- Bake at 350 for 20 mins. Cool for at least 10 minutes before enjoying.
Want a no-bake protein bar recipe? Check out my easy no-bake protein gluten-free protein bar recipe.
How much protein is in each bar?
Each bar has 125kcal, 3g fat, 18g carbs, and 7g protein.
How to mash bananas?
The simplest way to mash bananas is with a fork and large mixing bowl. If you're using ripe bananas, mashing the bananas should be very easy!
Is it cheaper to make your own protein bars at home?
It is cheaper to make your own homemade protein bars compared to store-bought protein bars. Each of my homemade protein bar costs ~$0.25-$0.75, which is significantly less compared to an RXBar, which costs between $1.50-$2.50.
What is the best protein bar ratio?
The best ratio for protein bars have at least 10g (40kcal) of protein to 200kcal total.
What makes a good and healthy protein bar?
The healthiest protein bar will have sweeteners made from dried fruit such as dates or figs. Healthy protein bars will have minimal added sugars and have healthy fats such as nuts or seeds.
Unflavored whey protein powder or plant-based protein powders that have simple ingredients without any added sugars are good protein powders for baking.
How much protein should I eat a day?
The recommended amount of protein you should eat in a day depends on your health goals and medical conditions. For most people, consuming 0.8g of protein/kg of body weight is sufficient.
Why you should make these oatmeal protein bars?
We all want to an active and healthy lifestyle, but being busy can sometimes make it difficult to do so.
Check out my guide to the best protein snacks at Costco if you want to buy high protein snacks instead.
More Oatmeal and Oat Flour Recipes
- Easy Strawberry Protein Bars RECIPE (Healthy, Gluten-Free)
- Blueberry Overnight Oats with Protein Powder
- Easy and Healthy Homemade Granola RECIPE (4-ingredients)
- Healthy Pear Crisp Recipe (Gluten-Free)
- Single Serving Baked Oatmeal RECIPE (No eggs, High Protein)
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread RECIPE (Easy, Gluten-Free)
- Easy 5-Ingredient Orange Oat Bars RECIPE (Healthy, Vegan)
- Healthy Heavenly Hunks Oatmeal Dark Chocolate RECIPE
- Crispy Oatmeal Cookies with Oil RECIPE (Vegan, No Butter)
- Flourless Pumpkin Bread Recipe (Healthy, Gluten-Free)
- Easy Vegan Gluten-Free Oat Biscotti Recipe
- 12 Healthy Oatmeal Dessert and Snack Recipes (Gluten-Free)
- Protein Pumpkin Overnight Oats (Easy, Healthy)
If you like healthy desserts, you'll love these recipes too: