My first experience of the Heavenly Hunks Oatmeal Dark Chocolate was a sample at Costco. They were good but I immediately thought to myself “I can make these better at home.”
So, I came back home and grabbed some pantry staples and my food processor for these homemade heavenly hunks with real ingredients.
These are the real deal. My fiance loves this recipe and always asks for them. After you make this heavenly hunks recipe, I think you’ll understand why.
Why You’ll Love This Dark Chocolate Heavenly Hunks Recipe
Instead of a long list of ingredients, my healthier version has accessible ingredients that most people already have in their pantry.
This copycat recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and made with real ingredients.
It has a chewy texture and is the perfect treat for a sweet tooth.
The best part is that they come together in the food processor in less than 30 minutes.
Certified gluten-free if needed. The food processor will turn this into oat flour, which is our main "flour" in this recipe.
Yes, you can eat raw oats!
Shredded unsweetened coconut
You can use shredded coconut or coconut flakes.
I haven’t tested this recipe out with any other flour alternatives. The almond flour is a gluten-free flour that helps these bars bind together.
If you don’t have almond flour, you can try adding an additional ¼ cup of rolled oats instead to help bind the bars together.
I would not recommend substituting all-purpose flour, sorghum flour, tapioca flour, white rice flour, or brown rice flour, since these flours need to be cooked before consumption.
Instead of cane sugar, this recipe uses coconut sugar as a un-refined sweetener.
I love the nuttiness that coconut sugar adds to the recipe and in many of my other recipes including chocolate almond flour pancakes, flourless pumpkin brownies, and oat biscotti. Brown sugar would be a good substitute if you don't have coconut sugar.
I haven’t tested this recipe with any other nut/seed butter, but I would try using a neutral tasting nut/seed butter (almond butter, macadamia butter, hemp seed).
Coconut oil or cocoa butter would work as another substitute.
I love using maple syrup as a natural sweetener. Or any other liquid sweetener of choice (honey, agave nectar, brown rice syrup, date syrup)
Chopped up dark chocolate chunks or dark chocolate chips would work for this recipe. The dark chocolate chunks are the best part, so choose a high-quality chocolate.
Tools you need to make these Copycat Healthy Heavenly Hunks
One food processor and a couple of extra kitchen gadgets is all you’ll need.
- Food processor
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Parchment Paper
- 9×5 Loaf Pan
- Knife (For slicing)
Healthier Heavenly Hunks Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Recipe
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup cashew butter
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds or chia seeds
- 3 tablespoon water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Process all of the ingredients except for dark chocolate and water together in a large food processor for one minute until it comes together. Mixture should resemble wet sand.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the food processor.
- Process on high again and slowly pour in the 3 tablespoon of water while food processor is running. Continue to process for another 30 seconds until mixture comes together to form a ball.
- Add in chopped dark chocolate and pulse to mix or use spatula to mix.
- Pour the mix into the pan and use a spatula to press down firmly into the pan until flat and even.
- Pop into the freezer for ~30 minutes until hardened.
- Use a chopping knife to slice into cubes.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer for up to 1 week.
By opting for nutritious ingredients like oats, almond flour, and shredded coconut, these healthy copycat heavenly hunks are just as good as the real deal.
If you like healthy and easy desserts, I bet you'll enjoy these recipes.
- 3 Ingredient Protein Fluff RECIPE
- The Easiest Cottage Cheese Chocolate Pudding RECIPE
- Protein Microwave Mug Cake Recipe (NO Protein Powder or Baking Powder)
- EASY Hidden Veggie Brownies RECIPE
- Healthy Snickers Bar Inspired Recipe (Date-Sweetened, Vegan)
- Easy Homemade Larabars RECIPE (15 flavors)
- Crispy Oatmeal Cookies with Oil RECIPE (Vegan, No Butter)
- Healthy Heavenly Hunks Oatmeal Dark Chocolate RECIPE
- No-Bake Four Ingredient Protein Bars Healthy Recipe
- Healthy Pear Crisp Recipe (Gluten-Free)