If you are a fan of recipes with minimal ingredients, prep time, and dishes, this Easy Oil-Free Chocolate Granola is the recipe for you.
It is the chocolate version of my sheet tray granola recipe, which is also incredibly easy to make.
Why You Should Make Oil-Free Chocolate Granola Recipe
The Key Ingredients
Tahini adds creaminess and a unique nutty flavor to the chocolate granola.
If you don't have tahini, free to use any peanut butter, almond butter, or seed butter of your liking.
Old-fashioned oats are the foundation of this granola recipe and add texture, dietary fiber, and many other health benefits.
Make sure to use gluten-free rolled oats if you need a gluten-free granola.
Melted Dark Chocolate
We're using 80% dark chocolate, which adds a rich cocoa flavor, antioxidants, and a touch of sweetness.
I would suggest using dark chocolate that is at least 75% cacao in this recipe.
To sweeten the granola we're using pure maple syrup which helps the granola caramelize and adds a caramel-like flavor profile.
You can substitute maple syrup for honey or any other liquid sweetener.
Expert Granola Tips
As someone who makes homemade granola frequently, here are some tips to help you achieve the perfect results.
- Don't Overbake: Be careful not to overbake the granola; it can quickly go from perfectly crispy to overly browned, which can give off a bitter and unpleasant taste.
- Stir Occasionally: Stir the granola during baking to control browning and prevent clumps of uncooked granola.
- Let It Cool: Allow the granola to cool completely before storing it to maintain its texture and crunch.
- Customize to Your Taste: Feel free to experiment with additional ingredients like nuts, seeds, or dried fruits to personalize the flavor and texture.
Storage and Shelf Life
Proper storage is essential to keep your Chocolate Tahini Granola fresh.
- Place the granola in an airtight container to prevent exposure to moisture, which can lead to sogginess.
- Store the container in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Your homemade granola can stay fresh for up to 2-3 weeks when stored correctly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Eat Granola Raw?
Yes, you can eat granola raw if you do not bake it. However, the resulting texture will not be crunchy like baked granola is.
Should Granola Be Refrigerated?
Granola doesn't require refrigeration, but storing it in an airtight container in a cool, dry place maintains its freshness.
When Does Granola Expire?
Granola typically has a shelf life of 2-3 weeks if stored correctly. However, check for any signs of spoilage, like a rancid smell or off taste
4-Ingredient Chocolate Tahini Granola Recipe
- 2 cups 200 g rolled oats
- ¼ cup 50 g melted dark chocolate (at least 75%)
- 4 tablespoon 40 g maple syrup
- 4 tablespoon 60 g tahini
- Melt Chocolate: Begin by melting the chocolate. You can use a microwave-safe bowl or a double boiler. In the microwave, heat the chocolate in 20-30 second increments, stirring each time until it's smooth and fully melted. If you prefer the double boiler method, place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, stirring until melted.
- Combine Ingredients: Once the chocolate is melted, add the rolled oats, tahini, and maple syrup to the same bowl. Stir everything together until the oats are evenly coated with the chocolate, tahini, and maple syrup.
- Spread on Baking Sheet: Transfer the mixture to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Spread it out evenly and press it down with a spatula or the back of a spoon. This will help create those desirable clusters in your granola.
- Bake: Place the baking sheet in a preheated oven set at 300F. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the granola turns a lovely golden brown. Be sure to stir the granola once or twice during baking to prevent uneven browning.
Whether it's for breakfast, snacking, or as a topping for yogurt, this healthy oil-free chocolate granola is worth giving a try.
More Oatmeal and Oat Flour Recipes
- Easy Strawberry Protein Bars RECIPE (Healthy, Gluten-Free)
- Blueberry Overnight Oats with Protein Powder
- Easy and Healthy Homemade Granola RECIPE (4-ingredients)
- Healthy Pear Crisp Recipe (Gluten-Free)
- Single Serving Baked Oatmeal RECIPE (No eggs, High Protein)
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread RECIPE (Easy, Gluten-Free)
- Easy 5-Ingredient Orange Oat Bars RECIPE (Healthy, Vegan)
- Healthy Heavenly Hunks Oatmeal Dark Chocolate RECIPE
- Crispy Oatmeal Cookies with Oil RECIPE (Vegan, No Butter)
- Flourless Pumpkin Bread Recipe (Healthy, Gluten-Free)
- Easy Vegan Gluten-Free Oat Biscotti Recipe
- 12 Healthy Oatmeal Dessert and Snack Recipes (Gluten-Free)
- Protein Pumpkin Overnight Oats (Easy, Healthy)