Looking for the perfect healthy energy bites to curb the afternoon slumps?
Try these easy and healthy PB2 energy balls for an easy no-bake snack.
These PB2 oatmeal bites check all the boxes for a nutritious and convenient snack. With just 3 staple ingredients, you can quickly whip up a batch of these easy and healthy snacks in just 10 minutes.
These no-bake energy bites are also vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and easily customizable.
Why PB2 Protein Balls Should Be Your New Go-To Snack
- The perfect portable snack for an on-the-go boost!
- Require no baking for an easy, no-fuss snack.
- Make a batch in 10 minutes or less using 3 ingredients.
- Perfect balance of protein, fiber, and micronutrients from oats and peanut butter to provide sustained energy.
I have not tried this recipe with instant oats or steel cut oats. I would recommend sticking with rolled oats or old fashioned oats because they have the best texture for no-bake desserts.
Feel free to substitute any liquid sweetener of choice (honey, agave, date syrup).
PB2 Fit Powder
Also known as PB2 Pure Peanut Powder, PB2 Original Powdered Peanut Butter, PBFit powder, or peanut flour.
While I love traditional peanut butter, I do love using PB2 Powder (powdered peanut butter) in cooking because I find that powdered peanut butter blends right in with my other ingredients.
This makes dessert batters, including my protein mug cake recipe, blend smoothly without the oil separation issues caused by traditional peanut butter.
I also find that the peanut butter flavor is more pronounced in powdered peanut butter compared to traditional peanut butter, which I love.
If you are allergic to peanuts, you can use any nut or seed butter and omit the water in the recipe.
How to use powdered peanut butter instead of peanut butter?
To use powdered peanut butter instead of peanut butter in a recipe, simply replace the peanut butter using an equal measurement of powdered peanut butter.
Add water or milk to hydrate the peanut powder. Start with 1-2 tablespoons liquid per 1⁄4 cup powdered peanut butter and adjust to reach your desired consistency.
PB2 vs Peanut Butter Nutrition
|2 tablespoon PB2 Powder
|2 tablespoon Peanut Butter
- Customize with mix-ins like cacao nibs, coconut, chocolate chips.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, or other spices for flavor. Coat balls in shredded coconut, crushed nuts, granola or chocolate chips before chilling.
- Substitute maple syrup for honey, agave, or molasses.
- Add shredded dried fruit like raisins, cranberries, or apple.
Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator or freezer.
If you're storing them in the freezer, let them thaw in the refrigerator or on the countertop for a couple of minutes before enjoying.
3 Ingredient PB2 Fit Energy Balls (No-bake, Healthy)
- ½ cup PB2 powder
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoon 60g maple syrup
- 2 cups 200g rolled oats
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly until the powdered peanut butter is mixed well.
- Pour in oats and mix well until a sticky dough forms.
- Use cookie scoop to portion out 12 balls and roll between your hands to form balls.
- Place in a tupperware and store your energy balls in the refrigerator to help the balls firm up and stay fresh.
- Use certified gluten-free oats if needed.
- If you have a peanut allergy, substitute the peanut butter for another seed butter and omit water.
- Make ahead and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Substitute maple syrup for honey, agave, or any liquid sweetener of choice.
- Add the mix-ins once the base ingredients are well combined.
- Customize flavors with spices, extracts, cocoa powder, or shredded coconut.
- If dough feels too wet, add additional oats one tablespoon at a time
The PB2 Energy Balls are a quick and easy no-bake snack, perfect for refueling between gym sessions or as a portable snack option.
They are high in protein and fiber, making them a nutritious and convenient choice for a quick energy boost.
If you want more easy recipes featuring oatmeal, you'll love these recipes:
- Easy Strawberry Protein Bars RECIPE (Healthy, Gluten-Free)
- Blueberry Overnight Oats with Protein Powder
- Easy and Healthy Homemade Granola RECIPE (4-ingredients)
- Healthy Pear Crisp Recipe (Gluten-Free)
- Single Serving Baked Oatmeal RECIPE (No eggs, High Protein)
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread RECIPE (Easy, Gluten-Free)
- Easy 5-Ingredient Orange Oat Bars RECIPE (Healthy, Vegan)
- Healthy Heavenly Hunks Oatmeal Dark Chocolate RECIPE
- Crispy Oatmeal Cookies with Oil RECIPE (Vegan, No Butter)
- Flourless Pumpkin Bread Recipe (Healthy, Gluten-Free)
- Easy Vegan Gluten-Free Oat Biscotti Recipe
- 12 Healthy Oatmeal Dessert and Snack Recipes (Gluten-Free)
- Protein Pumpkin Overnight Oats (Easy, Healthy)
Give this recipe a try? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!